Event Safety Tips + How to Navigate Wedding Entertainment During a Pandemic
Gulf Coast Entertainment had the thrill of going back to weddings in June, and thanks to the help of our bands, we have been able to incorporate safety tips and tricks to keep the entertainment, crew, and guests as healthy as possible.
At Lisa + Jason’s June wedding, things looked a bit different than originally planned, but it was beautiful nonetheless! Houston-based band, Infinite Groove, went above and beyond to protect their members, fellow vendors, and the guests. Here are some of the guidelines the band practiced during the day and a sneak peek on what happens behind the scenes:
- All band members wore a face mask except while performing on stage
- Crew members wore masks during the entire event
- The band minimized contact with guests and other vendors by only allowing band members on stage
- Choreography was adjusted to practice social distancing
- All mics were sanitized before and after each performance, and each member had their own designed mic
- The band provided a sanitized and separate mic for toasts and other wedding party announcements
- Hand sanitizer was kept near the stage
- Set the dance floor at least 6 feet apart from the stage
- Designate separate load in times and entrances for each of your vendors to minimize contact with each other
- If possible, have the band in a separate break room and bathroom apart from other guests and vendors
- Have a song request station near the stage for guests to submit their requests to the band and minimize direct contact with the band leader or sound engineer
- Be patient and kind to everyone. Remember we are all in this together.
While we begin to shift to this new “normal”, it still doesn’t change how amazing of an evening Lisa + Jason’s reception was. The couple didn’t let coronavirus get the best of their special day, and with a few safety precautions, the celebration carried on!
A special thanks to Betsy Elizabeth Photography for sharing these amazing images below with us. This vendor team really went above and beyond to prioritize guests’ health and safety. We are ecstatic to get back out there and take on events, one face mask at a time.
Vendor Dream Team
Planner: Uniquely Set Events
Photographer: Betsy Elizabeth Photography
Venue: The Weinberg at Wixton Valley
Florals: Southern Gypsy Rose
Catering: Buppy’s Catering
Cake: Cakes by Blondie
Linens: Texas Events to Remember
Hair & Makeup: Kiss and Makeup Houston
Until Next Time,